Saturday, May 22, 2010

Adorable Things

Walking through Elizabeth Arcade I was captivated by a little shop with little things. In this den of cuteness was possibly the cutest creation to ever grace my eyes. It is a brooch. Made of felt, beads and thin silver chains. And yes your guessed it. ITS A STORM CLOUD. When you walk the chains swing to a diagonal and it looks like there is some seriously thunderous rain on your bosom.











The internet has opened my eyes to the wild and wonderful world of screen printed tea towels. Lovely ones to check out if you like pretty tea towels that you never actually use but rather admire the beauty of:
two ruffians
third drawer down







But then I think, especially in third drawer down, who would pay 40 bucks for a tea towel that has been screen-printed for about 5 dollars. Well actually probably me. If I was rollin' in it. Maybe when I retire I can spend my pension on tea towels that I can drape around my house. It could be quite a conversation starter.

And in the spirit of autumn-almost-winter-but-im-only-embracing-autumn-now on etsy.com they have these beautiful autumn foliage hairpins. I love the colours of autumn. Strolling down Neuluns rd one afternoon was the first time this year I saw the changing leaves of autumn. Neuluns rd is shaded by huge trees which had all turned red and burnt orange. So get in the spirit and put these on your wishlist.

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* You know who has pretty awesome tea towels for decent prices? Loud Mouse on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want the blue phone box tea towel on loud mouse. it looks like the tardis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should start a tea towel printing company. I would SO help.

    ReplyDelete