Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fascinating as Hell

When Jil asked me to make a fascinator for an upcoming photo-shoot a part of me was slightly terrified. As far back as I can possibly remember I have never seen a fascinator that doesn't look like a bird of paradise is laying an egg on the tip top of your head. Granted I have never gotten a good look at one because I have been running away in the opposite direction. After a lot of research and trying to see how exactly you make one and at what point they turn ghastly I think I created something not totally horrible. I actually quite like it and wish it was normal to wear them day to day.

Check out how to make it and see it on a heavenly model in the online Oct 4th launch issue of Biscuit Magazine.
:)

2 comments:

  1. I for one love it. Perhaps we need to start some kind of hat-wearing movement to bring them back into everyday life. After going to the Hats exhibition at the art gallery I was totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!! I'm planning on making my own brid cage veil for my wedding - fingers crossed it comes out as lovely as this one ;)

    ReplyDelete