Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3/19 Lily St

Sitting in the Gloria Jeans in the city, sipping a chai latte and blogging. Pretentious git? Well that is just a matter of opinion.

Last night was spent at 3/19 Lily st, a night like any other, a night like every other, except that I realised that it is where I am happiest. I feel like I am breaking some sort of unspoken rule just by describing this place as if it should be a secret to the outside world, from everyone else. Because 3/19 Lily st is where people come to escape.

This is Dom's house which makes it my house, Matt's house, Ally's house and everyone else's who needs to sit and forget while listening to bossa nova. It is where I go to disappear, to be safe and to exist beside the people I really love. But I wouldn't tell them that.

I bet you could pick it from the street. Could hear it from the driveway. Could smell it from the front door. Just look for the run down shack draped in 70's decor. It is disguised beneath a cloud of cigarette smoke and every step you take the sound of a gypsy playing the guitar takes over.

There isn't much room but I am sure you are all invited.

The battery on my eepc is running out so I better wrap this up but I will probably be back at Lily st tonight.

2 comments: