Thursday, August 12, 2010

TIE-DYING BONANZA

Yes I am well aware that I have been a slack blogger and therefore dismal friend but let's move past that.

This afternoon I TIE-DYED!!!! A hyphenated word that yells out fun!

My uni soccer team, 'Unbalanced Funk', have settled on tie-dyed shirts in order to be a greater distraction. Running up and down the field in bright colours to divert attention is the best strategy we have come up with thus far.

I feel like I have had a deprived youth. With ex-hippy parents and a colourful upbringing involving regular trips to Nimbin and Byron Bay you would think I would be a connoisseur in the art of tie-dying. This would be a big fat lie because apart from the one time I was assigned official rubber band tie-er when dying our school shirts I have never had a crack at it.

So this could be a terrible disaster but we shall find that out in 24 hours. That  is plenty of time for me to praise myself on my work before finding out it was a fail.

4 comments:

  1. I've never tie-dyed anything either but they look mighty good. I love the colours!

    Also love your hair colour - when did that happen? Spiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See dying my hair, that is a dye i am familiar with. The red has been around for about 2 months now. It is definitely growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominate you for the Sweet Friend Award.
    Everything you post makes me smile.

    Here!

    ReplyDelete