Saturday, October 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

"You really should eat something," is not a phrase I hear very often. As you may have noticed I like to eat. I especially like to eat things packed full of sugar and desserts are my absolute specialty (apart from pasta sauce which I am also world renowned for.)

These are possibly the most indulgent cookies on this planet. And by indulgent I mean I am fairly sure they cannot be legal with that amount of butter and sugar. But oh god. They are good.

This morning I put on my summer dress and then it was freezing all day. It is October! I should be beginning to drown in my own sweat after walking to the shops down the road by now. Therefore I conclude summer is not coming this year and I can abandon any plans for a bikini bod. Fat cookies, this is your cue.

As you can see, my kitchen isn't really ideal for elegant baking.

Recipe adapted from joy the baker

2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup choccie chips

This batter makes a LOT so prepare two large baking trays.

Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in small bowl.

In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth preferably with a stand alone mixer for those of you who aren't working with an old fashioned hand held. Add peanut butter and continue to beat until fully combined.
What's better than peanut butter? Peanut butter beat together with a mountain of more butter.

Add brown sugar and white sugar and continue to mix for another minute. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the dry mixture a little bit at a time and beat on low speed if unlike my hand held your mixer has alternative speeds. Chuck in the choc chips and combine with a wooden spoon.
How do you spell the sound you make when you drool? I think its something like hagllghghlghghlllhhhhhhahhll

Roll the mixture into small balls and place on baking trays leaving at least 5 centimeters around each because these grow to big suckers.

Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. 

Allow to cool before transferring to a cooling rack as they are very soft and may fall apart.

Screw waiting for them to cool and gorge yourself.


1 comment: